Monday, March 16, 2009

Do You Have ID?




It all started with a phone conversation with the service guy at the dealership where I took my car.  I called up at the end of the day asking if it was done yet (it was, they just hadn't bothered to call me and let me know. . .but that's another story).  The super-old guy (I assume) on the other end of the phone told me, "Yeah, don't worry about anything buddy, we took care of the problem." After asking how much it would cost and hearing the response, crumbly-aged-guy said, "Is that gonna be okay pal?"  Yeah, it's gonna be fine you old curmudgeon, I'm 26 years old.

Today, I went to the eye doctor and he kindly stepped outside his realm of expertise and told me that when I get out of my teen years those, "few blemishes on [my] forehead will clear up."  Then he told me that I had a lot to look forward to in my twenties.  Thanks doc, I've enjoyed them so far.  I'm 26 years old.

So here's to all of us who are perpetually carded, get asked if our mommy's or daddy's are home when someone calls and can't help that we look consistently 16.  

I'm 26 years old.  And by the way, that's Doctor Buddy, to you.

1 comment:

  1. Here here!

    My friend Tom, who is 26, said to me the other day, "How come every time I go somewhere with you I get carded?!" I said, "It's because they think I'm 16."

    And forget bars and restaurants -- I just got carded trying to see Watchmen because apparently I don't look old enough to see a rated-R movie.

    Such is my life.

    ReplyDelete