Sunday, April 5, 2009

Words In My Head

I'm a little anxious right now.  It's a combination of things, really.  I'm getting ready to wrap up my tenure here in Buffalo, NY, and that leaves me feeling unsure.  I'm a creature of habit, I don't do things that are new and different.  I like my routine.  Rinse and repeat.  I'm getting ready to finally be a member of the real world for the first time in 26 years.  Weekly paycheck?  Enjoyable.   Impending adulthood?  Not sure.  So, in an effort to put the butterflies in my stomach to sleep, I bring you this list of my Top 5 most calming and inspiring songs.  Enjoy and feel free to add your own.

5) "Both Sides, Now" - Neil Diamond version
Ive looked at life from both sides now
From win and lose and still somehow
Its lifes illusions I recall
I really don't know life at all


4) "Superman" - Five for Fighting
I'm only a man in a silly red sheet
Digging for kryptonite on this one way street
Only a man in a funny red sheet
Looking for special things inside of me
And it's not easy to be me

3) "My Way" - Frank Sinatra
I planed each chartered course;
Each careful step along the byway,
But more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

2) "Sleep's Dark and Silent Gate" - Jackson Browne
Sometimes I lie awake at night
And wonder
Where my life will lead me
Waiting to pass under sleep's dark and silent gate

1) "Fix You" - Coldplay
When you try your best but you don't succeed
When you get what you want but not what you need
When you feel so tired but you can't sleep

Lights will guide you home and I will try to fix you


1 comment:

  1. Love these. My Way isn't one of my favorites, but the others I heartily agree with. I should make a playlist of these for my anxiety-filled times (like last night). Although, let's be honest, when am I not filled with anxiety? :)

    ReplyDelete